Duties Of The Employer
Every employer shall :
- If the aggrieved woman's complaint also states that the accused committed an act which is recognised by the Indian Penal Code as a criminal offence, then along with filing a complaint with the ICC, she must also file an FIR at the police station. The employer must provide all necessary assistance in filing such FIR to the aggrieved woman.
- Provide a safe working environment at the workplace.
- Display the punishments of sexual harassments at a conspicuous place in the workplace along with the names of the members of the ICC.
- Organise workshops and awareness programmes at regular intervals for sensitising the employees about the provisions of the Act and orientation programmes for the members of the ICC.
- Provide necessary facilities to the ICC/ LCC for dealing with the complaint and conducting an inquiry.
- Provide necessary assistance in ensuring that the accused and witnesses appear before the ICC/ LCC.
- Furnish any necessary information pertaining to the pending inquiry to the ICC/ LCC.
- Treat sexual harassment as a misconduct under the service rules and initiate action for such misconduct.
- Monitor the timely submission of reports by the ICC.